Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 1 (in review)

Well this lifestyle change (I am no longer calling it a diet) is definitely a wake up call. No wonder I am as big as I am! Everything I ate was horrible for me; it was all loaded with fat and high in calories. But the best thing you can do is realize what you did wrong and what you can do better, right?

What did I learn on day 1, you ask? I learned that extra virgin olive oil, while good for you, is EXTREMELY high in points, like 4 points per tablespoon high. So while I thought I was being healthy with my homemade dressing it actually cost me 8 of my 25 points. But the positive thing that came out of that is I got to be very creative with my dinner.
My day in review:

Breakfast:
2 cups of coffee = 0 points
2 tbsp creamer = 1 point
1 packet Quaker Oats maple and brown sugar oatmeal = 3 points

Lunch:
1 cup raw baby carrots = 0 points
2 tbsps fat free ranch dressing = 1 point
1 cup mixed salad greens = 0 points
1 1/2 small serving grilled skinless boneless chicken thigh = 4.5
1 1/3 serving Mc Cormik salad toppins = 1 point
1/2 crystal light pure fitness (mix in water) = 0 points
And my home made olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing = 8 points (it was very good though)

Dinner:
1 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta = 4.5 points
1/4 cup marinara sauce = 1 point
1//4 cup spinach cooked = 0 points
1/4 cup cilantro cooked = 0 points
1/8 cup onions cooked = 0 points
(dinner was delicious, I love putting different veggies in my sauce)

Snack:
1 small Mandarin orange = .5 point
1/4 cup apples dried = 1 point

Daily total 25.5! Hey that's not bad for my first day. I didn't get any exercise in thought :( so I will make up for it today by taking my doggie out for a nice long walk/run.

So far so good, first real weight in on Sunday so if I can lose 1 pound by then I will be pretty happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment